TABLE OF CONTENTS
- GENERAL INFORMATION. OWNERSHIP OF THE WEBSITE.
- TERMS OF ACCESS AND USE
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- OBLIGATIONS OF THE USER
- RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER
- INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
- PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- PARTIAL INVALIDITY
- APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
01. GENERAL INFORMATION. OWNERSHIP OF THE WEBSITE.
In compliance with the provisions of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce, we inform you that the website http://www.hcvhub.deusto.es (hereinafter the Website) to which you are accessing is owned and managed by the UNIVERSITY OF DEUSTO (hereinafter UD). Users may direct to the following address:
These General Terms regulate the use of the website that is being accessed to through the address http://www.hcvhub.deusto.es.
This Legal Notice is subject to changes and updates and therefore, the published version on the website may be different each time the user accesses the website.
UD reserves the right to modify or update the information contained in the Website as well as its configuration, presentation and terms of access, without prior notice.
Likewise, UD reserves the right to suspend, discontinue or cease operating the Website at any time. Therefore, since this Website may be modified, users must carefully read this document in its totality each time they intend to use the Website.
In any case, children under fourteen years of age who access this Website are not required to be registered as users since, in this case, the consent of their parents or legal guardians is required for the processing of their personal data.
By using this Website, you acquire the status of User.
Using or accessing this website necessarily implies full and unreserved acceptance of all the legal notices and each and every one of the terms and conditions in force each time the user accesses it.
In addition, the use of certain services available to the users of this website may be subject to special conditions, warnings or instructions that should also be read and accepted without reservations.
If users do not agree with the terms and conditions set forth herein, they should refrain from accessing this website.
04. TERMS OF ACCESS AND USE
4.1 Free access
The use of this website is free of charge. However, hiring some of the services offered by this website may be, now or in the future, subject to payment of a charge, in which case it will be clearly indicated.
4.2 User registration
In general, access and use of this website requires previous registration by users.
Users agree to use their login data (email address and password) according to the following restrictions:
- The password chosen by the user must not damage the rights to honour and image of third parties, or infringe in any way the industrial and intellectual property rights of third parties.
- The login data are for the exclusive use of the user owning them and their custody, confidentiality and correct use are their exclusive responsibility.
UD shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the user or third parties as a result of someone else using their password, either with or without users’ knowledge.
UD agrees not to disclose the password used by the user or any other person, except if, in strict compliance with the relevant legal requirements or, where appropriate, at the request of the public authorities, it is required.
4.3 Restrictions of access and use
By using this site, users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained therein and any laws that may be applied.
05. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
UD shall only be liable for any damages that users may suffer as a result of the use of the Website when such damage is attributable to wilful misconduct thereof.
Users acknowledge and agree that the use of the Website is at their own risk and sole responsibility.
UD does not guarantee the availability and continuity of the Website or any other Websites with which a link has been or could be established.
Similarly, UD shall not be liable for possible security errors that may occur, or for any damage caused to the user’s computer system (hardware and software), or to the files or documents stored therein as a result of the presence of viruses in the computer used by the user to connect to the services and contents contained in the Website, or the malfunction of the browser or use of outdated versions. Neither shall UD be liable for the differences of information, documentation and/or other website content that may exist between the online and the printed version.
In general, UD does not control the use of the Website made by users. In particular, under no circumstances does UD guarantee that users use the website in accordance with the law, these General Terms, generally accepted customs and public order; nor does it guarantee that it is done in a diligent and sensible manner, with UD reserving the right to terminate and cancel the user's registration without prior consent.
The Website may make technical link devices, directories and search tools available to Users so that they can access web pages and/or sites owned and/or managed by third parties. However, in no case shall UD be liable, approve, or endorse products, services, content, information and any kind of materials contained in such Websites or amendments thereof.
UD does not guarantee or assume any liability for damages of any kind that may be due to:
- The operation, availability, accessibility or continuity of linked sites.
- The provision or dissemination of the information, content and services on linked sites.
- The quality, legality, reliability and usefulness of the information, content and services on linked sites.
- The services provided by third parties through the website.
06. OBLIGATIONS OF THE USER
Users generally agree to comply with these General Terms, where appropriate, to comply with the specific terms that may apply, as well as to meet the specific warnings or instructions of use contained therein or in the Website; to act always in accordance with the law, custom and in good face, with due diligence according to the service provided, and to refrain from using the Website in any way that may impede, damage or impair the normal operation thereof, the property or rights of UD, its suppliers, other users and, in general, of third parties.
Specifically, and without implying any kind of obligation on the user in general, and in accordance with the previous section, by using this Website, users agree:
- To provide true information when registering at the website and keep it updated so that it responds to their actual situation at all times. Users shall, in any case, be solely responsible for any false or inaccurate statements made and for any damage that might be caused by the information provided.
- Not to register with information from another person or impersonate a third party. To this end, UD may carry out appropriate verifications so that in the event that any of the above actions were verified, it shall proceed to immediately terminate its relationship with the User. UD shall reserve the right to take appropriate legal action that it may deem convenient or to report them, where appropriate, to the relevant authorities on the matter.
- Not to enter, store or disseminate, in or from the Website, any information or material that is defamatory, libellous, threatening, racist, that incites to violence, to discrimination based on race, sex, ideology, religion or that may be in any way offensive to the public morals and order, to fundamental rights, public freedoms, honour, privacy or the image of third parties and not to publish or disseminate any content whether text, image or any files that violate intellectual property laws and the current regulations. UD reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any inappropriate information or content.
- Not to enter, store or disseminate through the Website any computer programme, data, virus, code, hardware or telecommunications equipment or any other electronic or physical device that may cause damage to the website, to any of the Services or equipment, to the systems or networks of UD, of any user, of UD's suppliers or, in general, of any third party, or that may otherwise cause any type of alteration or hinder the normal operation thereof.
- To properly safeguard the “Username” and “Password” as identifiers and keys for access to Services, agreeing not to transfer its use or allow access to them by third parties, taking responsibility for any damages arising from misuse thereof.
- Not to use the contents and, in particular, the information obtained through the Website to send advertising messages for direct market purposes or any other commercial purposes, or to collect or store personal data of third parties.
- Not to use false identities or impersonate someone’s identity when using the Website or any of the Website services, including the use of passwords or access codes of third parties or otherwise.
- Not to destroy, alter, use, render inoperative or damage the data, information, programmes or electronic documents owned by UD, its suppliers or third parties.
- Not to enter, store or disseminate on the Website any content that infringes intellectual or industrial property rights or the business secrets of third parties, or in general any content of which they do not own the right, according to law, to transmit to third parties.
- Not to sell items or publish advertisements that are illegal under current legislation, such as counterfeiting, drugs, explosives, weapons, stolen property and/or any other item whose sale or distribution is prohibited without prior permission.
- Not to save or collect information or personal data of third parties without their consent, including email and/or telephone numbers.
07. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER
Users shall be liable for any damages that UD may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any breach of the obligations arising from the general or specific terms regarding the use of the website or any of the related services.
Similarly, Users hold UD harmless against any liability, claims or sanctions that could be brought by a third party or any public bodies, derived from the infringement of third party rights by said user through the use of the website or the services linked to it in a manner contrary to the provisions of the general and specific terms that may apply.
08. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
This Website is governed by Spanish laws and is protected by the national and international legislation on intellectual and industrial property.
All contents displayed on the Website and, in particular, designs, texts, audio, graphics, logos, databases, trade names, trademarks or any other signs of industrial and commercial use are subject to the intellectual and industrial property rights of UD or third party owners that have duly authorised their inclusion on the website. Their mere mention does not imply endorsement, sponsorship, recommendation, right or liability thereof by the Website.
UD authorises users to use, view and print the contents and/or elements on the Website exclusively for private and non-profit use, being essential the consent of the holder of the rights concerned for any other use different from those expressly permitted.
Under no circumstances shall any licence be granted or a waiver, transfer or total or partial cession of said rights be made or shall any right or expectation of rights be conferred and, in particular, to alter, exploit, reproduce, distribute or publicly communicate these contents without express prior authorisation of UD or the corresponding owners.
Any violation of these rights may lead to the corresponding extrajudicial or judicial, civil or criminal procedures.
The contributions and content, regardless of their nature, that users publish on the website through the different publishing tools available and of which they are authors, will be licensed under a Creative Commons license on the terms of the license "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Spain" that allows you to copy, distribute and transmit the work in public and make derivative works, unless otherwise indicated by the user through the means enabled by the website for this purpose. The conditions for this license are available at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/.
If you submit material or contents that are not licensed under a Creative Commons license, and in accordance with the laws that protect the copyright you may not publish, modify, distribute nor reproduce any materials protected by these laws, trademarks or any other material that is property of other parties, including co-authored works, without the prior express written permission of the holder of that rights. As the user that uploads these materials, you are liable for obtaining this authorization, without any option to derivate to UD the obtaining of this authorization or any derived liability for UD for this cause.
Cookies are small data files that are generated through the instructions that web servers send to browsers and are stored in a specific directory on the user's computer.
Cookies by themselves cannot identify users personally although they may contain the user’s IP address.
Cookies can store the trail left by the user’s IP address and they are only associated with an anonymous user and their PC, but they do not provide information that may allow to obtain personal information about the user.
All processing tasks will be regulated according to the laws and all rights related to data protection will be respected, in accordance with the current legislation.
However, you are informed of the possibility of disabling such use in your computer, following the instructions of your Internet browser, although UD shall bear no responsibility for the malfunctioning of the website as a result of their being disabled.
10. PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Users must read and accept the Privacy and Data Protection Policy of this Website, which is detailed below:
UD hereby informs users of this website that it may create automated files with the personal data that are provided to it through any physical or electronic means, as a result of the use of the website and in strict compliance with the provisions contained in the current legislation on data protection.
The University of Deusto has a personal data protection policy and ensures compliance with the current legislation on data protection.
Users guarantee the veracity and authenticity of the information and data provided to UD through the means available to them and especially under the use of this website.
Users will be required to keep the information and data provided updated so that it corresponds to their actual status at all times.
Users will be responsible for the damages that UD and/or third parties may suffer as a result of the lack of veracity, inaccuracy, lack of validity and authenticity of the data provided.
In the event that the data provided are owned by a third party, you warrant that you have informed the third party of the aspects contained in this document and obtained their authorisation to provide their personal data.
In compliance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of 13 December, regarding Personal Data Protection and Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on the Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, personal data will be collected, stored and saved in automated files, which will be previously communicated to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, and are owned by and under the responsibility of the University of Deusto.
These files are located at the information systems of the University of Deusto at Avenida de las Universidades 24, 48007 – Bilbao.
Users may exercise their rights of access, amendment, cancellation and objection to the handling of your personal data previously collected and filed by UD.
You may exercise these rights by written notice to UD's Security Manager. You may also send an email to: email@example.com. The exercise of these rights shall not affect in any way the website or, if any, the user’s subscriber status.
- The recorded data shall be confidential and may be used for statistical purposes, to manage incidents or conduct market surveys, in addition to the express purposes for which data were collected.
- Where appropriate, the personal data provided by users may be communicated to a third party only to fulfil the purposes identified above, in line with the provisions of Article 11 of Organic Law 15/1999 on Personal Data Protection, provided that consent is given by the interested parties when necessary.
- By providing personal data to UD, users declare to fully and unreservedly accept the processing of their data by UD.
UD undertakes to comply with the obligation to maintain secrecy regarding processed personal data and to adopt the necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of the personal data collected and prevent their alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or access, having regard to the state of the art in technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed by virtue of human action or physical or natural environment.
Notwithstanding the above, due to the current Internet security conditions, UD cannot guarantee the lawful use of user information by third parties. Consequently, UD does not guarantee or assumes any responsibility for any damages that may arise from the alteration, loss, processing, unauthorised access or illicit use of user information by third parties.
For the purposes of these General Terms and for any communication that may be required between UD and Users, these should contact UD by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UD communications to users will be made according to the data provided by them when registering on the website.
Users expressly accept the use of emails or the contact name on the website as a valid procedure for submitting all communications related to the use of the website.
12. PARTIAL INVALIDITY
The declaration of any of these general conditions as null, invalid or ineffective shall not affect the validity or effectiveness of the remainder, which shall continue to be binding between the parties.
The waiver by any of the parties to demand compliance with any of the general terms set forth herein at any given time shall not imply a general waiver to the fulfilment of another condition or conditions, nor shall it create an acquired right for the other party.
While in principle the duration of this website is indeterminate, UD reserves the right to suspend or terminate the provision of some or all of its services, even if prior notice of this decision to users thereof is not required.
All references to positions, jobs or people referred to in this document should be understood to apply both to men and women without distinction.
15. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
For the resolution of any disputes that may arise in the interpretation or execution of this agreement, the parties hereby expressly waive the jurisdiction that could apply, agreeing that the jurisdiction and competence of the Courts of Bilbao will settle any such matters.